No. Legal action is expensive, both financially and emotionally:
- For union members, the union bears the full cost of the case.
- Union member or not, you may have to prove every issue in your claim, from the way in which your accident happened to the full effects of your injuries.
- Your past medical and psychiatric history is likely to be picked over and commented on.
- You are likely to need the evidence of experts. In a case of serious injuries these may include engineers, medical experts, occupational therapists, employment consultants and barristers.
- This work has to be financed, and few people could afford to fund it from their own resources.