Where else can I get legal advice?

Check your insurance policies. Your home contents insurance, motor insurance or credit card protection may include legal expenses insurance. This may give you free legal advice and representation. You are entitled to assert your own choice of lawyer, although your insurers may want you to use one of their panel solicitors.

Or you could contact a specialist personal injury lawyer. These include:

  • members of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (tel: 01159 580585);
  • members of the College of Personal Injury Law; and
  • solicitors accredited by the Law Society's Personal Injury Panel (tel: 020 7320 5650).
Note: This content is provided as general background information and should not be taken as legal advice or financial advice for your particular situation. Make sure to get individual advice on your case from your union, a source on our free help page or an independent financial advisor before taking any action.

What is WorkSmart?

A career coach that works for everyone.


Enjoy bite-sized activities delivered to you every week.

Lightbulb brain

Equip yourself with essential skills to be the best you yet.


Get the guidance you need to stay focused and reach your goals.

Worksmart circle