If you suffer an injury at work, or develop ill health that you think might be linked to the conditions in which you work, you should take the following steps:
- Tell your workplace safety rep (if there is one) and line manager.
- Record the incident/illness in the accident book. If the health risk is serious, consider contacting a safety inspector. Check the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) website to make sure you make your complaint to the right regulator.
- Visit your GP and explain why and how you think your health problem may be work-related.
- Report to your employer's occupational health (OH) service if it has one.
- Contact a community occupational health project if there is one near you.