Where can I get legal help?

You will need specialist legal advice to make a personal injury claim, whether it is settled in or out of court:

  • If you are a union member, your union should be your first point of call. Most unions have a great deal of expertise in settling personal injury cases, and the solicitors they use are recognised as experts in this field, which puts them in a good position to negotiate an out-of-court settlement with your employer (or their insurance company). There is more information in our Help from Unions section.
  • If you are not a union member, then you should read our section on Personal Injury Claims carefully.
Note: This content is provided as general background information and should not be taken as legal advice or financial advice for your particular situation. Make sure to get individual advice on your case from your union, a source on our free help page or an independent financial advisor before taking any action.