If your pain and discomfort won't go away:
- visit your GP and tell them about the type of work you do and how the accident happened. (For more information, see our Dealing with Doctors section.);
- report your symptoms to your employer;
- record any incident in the accident book;
- contact your employer's occupational health service, if available; and
- contact your union rep, if available.
It is also worth checking the NHS Choices website for further advice on back pain and where to find specialist help.