I Have work-related dermatitis. Will I get compensation?

Speak to your union rep or a solicitor about making a claim against your employer. See our section on Personal Injury Claims.

'Occupational dermatitis' is a prescribed industrial disease. You may be entitled to claim Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit. To qualify, three conditions must all be satisfied:

  • You were employed (not self-employed) in the job that caused your disease.
  • You have 'a prescribed industrial disease or injury' (dermatitis is covered under this definition).
  • You have a 'loss of faculty' creating a level of impairment assessed at 14% or more. The amount of the benefit depends on the severity of the disability.

You can get information about this benefit from the GOV.UK website and also from the Department for Work and Pensions.

Note: This content is provided as general background information and should not be taken as legal advice or financial advice for your particular situation. Make sure to get individual advice on your case from your union, a source on our free help page or an independent financial advisor before taking any action.