What happens if I get dermatitis?

Tell your employer or occupational health department, because occupational dermatitis must be reported to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) under the Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 2013 (RIDDOR). Put it in the accident book.

You may be entitled to claim Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit. You can get information about this benefit from the GOV.UK website and also from the Department for Work and Pensions.

See your GP and make sure you tell them what kind of work you do and the substances that you work with. See our section on Dealing with Doctors

Note: This content is provided as general background information and should not be taken as legal advice or financial advice for your particular situation. Make sure to get individual advice on your case from your union, a source on our free help page or an independent financial advisor before taking any action.