Yes. A wide range of tasks can exacerbate menopausal symptoms. Stress was the main concern, mentioned by nearly half of safety reps. Other hazards include:
- working in fixed positions;
- dealing with members of the public;
- managing or supporting other people;
- manual handling;
- using display screen equipment; and
- working in hot conditions.
Many safety reps also cited working under pressure to meet deadlines, inflexible working hours and pressure to work overtime.
Significantly, almost all the safety reps surveyed said that risk assessments did not take account of the menopause.