Health promotion advice highlights the importance of 'lifestyle' choices, including:
- a healthy, balanced diet;
- drinking plenty of water;
- reducing caffeine intake;
- not smoking;
- taking regular exercise; and
- getting adequate rest and relaxation.
If you are experiencing difficulties getting adequate rest breaks at work, time off when you need it, (e.g. for appointments) or other work-related problems, then discuss them with your union rep if there is one in your workplace.
Otherwise, it may be worth identifying a sympathetic person in the HR department to talk things over with. Always be sure to make an appointment with your GP, as a brief period of sick leave covered by a doctor's certificate may be the best alternative.