What kind of accidents should I report?

You should report any accidents you have at work to your employer and put them in the accident book.

Under the Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 2013 (RIDDOR), your employer must report certain accidents to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE). Most accidents are now reported online. Only serious and fatal incidents can be reported by phone.

Note: This content is provided as general background information and should not be taken as legal advice or financial advice for your particular situation. Make sure to get individual advice on your case from your union, a source on our free help page or an independent financial advisor before taking any action.