How do I claim my unpaid wages if my employer has gone bust?

Forms and information on how to claim unpaid wages are available from GOV.UK. You need Form RP1. If you have difficulty with the form, or a problem completing it online, ask for help from Citizens Advice.

Payments are only made where your employer is in a recognised insolvency situation. This is when:

  • there is a court winding-up order;
  • there is an administration order;
  • a resolution for winding-up due to insolvency has been passed;
  • a voluntary arrangement has been made with creditors; or
  • a receiver has been appointed.