What arrangements do I need to make with my employer when claiming Statutory Paternity Pay to adopt?

You should self-certificate using the Form SC4 form ('Becoming an Adoptive or Parental Order Parent') which states that you meet the conditions to qualify for SPP.

Give the completed form to your employer at least 28 days before the date that the leave is due to begin or, if that is not possible, as soon as reasonably practicable.

Note: This content is provided as general background information and should not be taken as legal advice or financial advice for your particular situation. Make sure to get individual advice on your case from your union, a source on our free help page or an independent financial advisor before taking any action.