Current Size: 100%
What am I entitled to?
- a written contract of employment;
- statutory holiday pay;
- rest breaks (unpaid);
- sick pay and any other benefits offered to other employees at similar grades or in similar roles;
- the same maternity, adoption, paternity and shared parental leave rights as other employees;
- the same rights to dependency leave as other employees;
- other statutory employment rights available to employees with qualifying service, such as the right to request flexible working, or the right to unpaid parental leave;
- the other statutory employment rights enjoyed by employees, including the right to join a trade union;
- be auto-enrolled into your employer’s pensions scheme if your earnings are high enough (see our webpage on pensions auto enrolment);
- a full induction in the workplace;
- a negotiated training plan or contract between yourself, the employer and the training provider;
- a fair wage (see How much should I get paid?);
- a safe working environment and protection from discrimination and bullying;
- release from work to attend formal training;
- provision of an appropriate range of work experiences to enable you to complete your qualifications;
- access to support, guidance and mentoring;
- quality training;
- regular assessments and review of progress;
- sufficient time away from your workstation or desk to study during work time; and
- protection from unfair dismissal.
Note: This content is provided as general background information and should not be taken as legal advice or financial advice for your particular situation. Make sure to get individual advice on your case from your union, a source on our free help page or an independent financial advisor before taking any action.