Current Size: 100%
How do I set up a homeworking arrangement?
Your organisation may have a homeworking agreement. Obtain a copy and check your entitlements. Discuss the arrangements with your union safety rep. A good homeworking policy will explain:
- what is meant by homeworking;
- how you apply to work from home;
- how a role is assessed as being suitable or not;
- how someone’s home environment is assessed;
- when the homeworker has to give the employer access to their home (for example, to conduct a risk assessment or set up IT equipment);
- how any sensitive work data is to be kept secure;
- what equipment will be provided by the employer;
- how the homeworker will be managed;
- whether the homeworker has to attend the office on a regular basis (for example, to attend monthly team meetings); and
- what the core hours are.