Current Size: 100%
What causes RSI?
- repeating the same sequence of movements many times an hour/day;
- keeping a static posture, sitting in the same position for hours on end;
- having to work very fast, under pressure;
- having to use appreciable force;
- lack of control over the order of tasks or working methods; and
- working in awkward or tiring positions.
You find that your muscles tighten up when you are under stress. Continuing to work intensively under these conditions will increase the likelihood of developing RSI-type symptoms. Some types of 'referred pain' originate in tightened and sore muscles in the neck, but are felt in your hands, fingers, wrists and forearms.