Who is responsible for policing health and safety in hotels, pubs and restaurants?

If you work in the hospitality sector, your local authority's health and safety inspectors are responsible for making sure your employer complies with health and safety laws. You can get their number from your local telephone directory.

Note: This content is provided as general background information and should not be taken as legal advice or financial advice for your particular situation. Make sure to get individual advice on your case from your union, a source on our free help page or an independent financial advisor before taking any action.