Who can I talk to about health and safety where I work?

If you work for a hotel, pub or restaurant that is part of a large chain, you may have an occupational health service and a trade union health and safety representative, both of whom can give you help and advice. If you work for a small firm, you may have neither, in which case you could speak to your local occupational health project or your GP (see our Dealing with Doctors section).

Note: This content is provided as general background information and should not be taken as legal advice or financial advice for your particular situation. Make sure to get individual advice on your case from your union, a source on our free help page or an independent financial advisor before taking any action.