Current Size: 100%
My workplace washroom is filthy. Shouldn't my employer keep it in a better state?
Yes, toilet and washroom facilities for staff must be properly maintained. The Workplace (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations 1992 state that they need to be:
- kept in a clean and orderly condition;
- provided separately for men and women;
- provided with toilet paper and coat hooks;
- provided with a supply of clean hot (or warm) and cold water;
- provided with soap, and towels or other means of drying;
- adequately ventilated and lit; and
- adequately protected from the weather.
Note: This content is provided as general background information and should not be taken as legal advice or financial advice for your particular situation. Make sure to get individual advice on your case from your union, a source on our free help page or an independent financial advisor before taking any action.