Current Size: 100%
What causes hand-arm vibration?
Regular and frequent exposure to high levels of vibration can lead to permanent injury. Many common power tools produce high levels of vibration. The risk of permanent damage depends on:
- how high the vibration level is;
- how long you use the equipment for, ranging from short occasional spells in a working week, to regular and continuous use over long periods each day;
- how awkward it is to use the equipment;
- how tightly you have to grip; and
- how cold and wet you get when using the equipment.