Current Size: 100%
What advice and training should my employer provide?
Your employer should inform you about:
- potential sources of hand-arm vibration;
- the health effects of hand-arm vibration;
- the main risks, such as high vibration levels, the daily length of time you use the tools, and the regularity of use;
- how to recognise and report signs of injury; and
- ways to minimise risks, such as:
- changes to working practices to reduce vibration exposure;
- correct choice and use of tools;
- how to use tools to reduce the grip force and strain; and
- maintaining good blood circulation by keeping warm, exercising fingers, and not smoking.
Note: This content is provided as general background information and should not be taken as legal advice or financial advice for your particular situation. Make sure to get individual advice on your case from your union, a source on our free help page or an independent financial advisor before taking any action.