Current Size: 100%
What should a bullying and harassment procedure include?
- a statement from senior management endorsing the policy;
- definitions of what constitutes unacceptable behaviour;
- a statement about responsibilities regarding the elimination of bullying behaviour;
- information about how individuals can initially raise their concerns about bullying;
- information about sources of emotional support;
- the procedures that the organisation will follow for both the complainant and alleged bully; and
- information about the potential outcomes and rehabilitation.
Your employer may expect people who are being bullied to use its grievance procedure. To get a copy of the procedure, check your staff handbook, the company intranet, or contact the Human Resources department or your union rep.