Current Size: 100%
Who is at risk from loud noise?
A wide range of workplaces and industries involve exposure to loud and prolonged noise, including:
- canning or bottling plants;
- pubs, clubs, live music venues and discos;
- textile manufacture;
- farm work and forestry;
- construction and road building;
- call centres;
- classroom teaching;
- demolition or road repair;
- plastics processing;
- general fabrication;
- forging, pressing or stamping; and
- paper or board making.
- drop forging;
- pneumatic impact tools, etc.;
- chainsaws; and
- explosive sources such as cartridge-operated tools or detonators, or guns.
But the list is by no means exhaustive, e.g. telephones can also cause problems.