Current Size: 100%
What information should be recorded in the first aid book?
Useful information to record includes:
- the date, time and place of incident;
- name and job of the injured or ill person;
- details of the injury/illness and what first aid was given;
- what happened to the person immediately afterwards (for example, did they go home, go back to work or go to hospital); and
- the name and signature of the first aider or person dealing with the incident.
Note: This content is provided as general background information and should not be taken as legal advice or financial advice for your particular situation. Make sure to get individual advice on your case from your union, a source on our free help page or an independent financial advisor before taking any action.