Do I have to use my employer's occupational health service?

No. None of this means you can't visit your GP. For medical and specialist occupational health advice, you are still best advised to visit your doctor first.

You can find more workSMART information in our Dealing with Doctors section.

See if there is an occupational health project near you in our Community Help section.

Note: This content is provided as general background information and should not be taken as legal advice or financial advice for your particular situation. Make sure to get individual advice on your case from your union, a source on our free help page or an independent financial advisor before taking any action.