Current Size: 100%
Where is my nearest community occupational health project?
These are the main projects:
Sheffield OH Advisory Service was the first of its kind in the UK. It provides information and advice for employed and unemployed people with work-related health problems. Advisers offer confidential advice sessions in GP practices across the city.
The centre provides:
- casework advice;
- information and support to local workplace and community organisations;
- telephone and drop-in advice, referral to specialist agencies and liaison with local union reps, as appropriate;
- support groups including Greater Manchester Asbestos Victims Support Group, the Manchester Area Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI) Support and Action, the North West Safety Reps Network, and Families Against Corporate Killers (which provides support to safety reps in the region);
- health and safety training and other services, including TUC and trade union courses; and
- NW Safety Reps Network newsletters, and health and safety fact sheets.
Other work done by the centre includes: campaigning and awareness-raising; publicising evidence; lobbying; organising International Workers Memorial Day and running the 'We didn’t vote to die at work' campaign against government cuts to health and safety protection.
The centre also acts as the Hazards Campaign secretariat, organising the annual health and safety Hazards Conference.
Key services include working directly with GP practices providing advice and support to patients. Occupational health advisors work in surgeries where they take patient referrals from GPs and other health professionals. These patients are provided with advice and support relating to their work-related ill health problems.
The centre provides advice, information, training and other forms of practical support to Londoners concerned about protecting their health and safety at work. The telephone advice line (or drop-in) for casework includes first-stage legal and medical advice, and assistance in contacting other specialist agencies, your GP or a trade union. It also provides support to the Construction Safety Campaign, the Battersea Crane Disaster Action Group and asbestos support networks.
Keighley Work Safe Project
The project provides occupational health and employment advice, support, training and advocacy for workers. It also provides occupational safety training to year 11 pupils and coordinates general safety events for year 6 pupils.
136 Malsis Road, Keighley BD21 1RF.
Tel: 01535 664462
Oak House, Moorhead Way, Bramley, Rotherham.
Tel: 01709 255837