If I am injured at work, should I contact my GP?

Yes. No matter where you work, the sympathy and support of your GP may be the only independent, professional medical help you can rely on.

You should speak to your own GP even if you are receiving help from your employer's occupational health (OH) service.

Note: This content is provided as general background information and should not be taken as legal advice or financial advice for your particular situation. Make sure to get individual advice on your case from your union, a source on our free help page or an independent financial advisor before taking any action.