Current Size: 100%
What evidence do I need to support my case?
Keep a dossier of any/all of the following as appropriate:
- your notes of how your accident/exposure to hazardous substances etc. happened;
- sketch plans, photos, details of the make and manufacturer of relevant equipment;
- names, addresses, email addresses and phone numbers of witnesses;
- a diary of your symptoms, and medical treatment; and
- receipts for all expenses.
Make sure the accident is recorded at work and, if relevant, that you have informed Jobcentre Plus.
Seek medical treatment promptly. Always attend medical appointments – not attending may be interpreted as meaning that your condition was not very serious. Don't discuss your compensation claim with your doctor, because copies of all your medical records will have to be handed over to your employer during the case.
Keep your legal representative informed of all developments, including any disciplinary procedures brought against you, and any changes in your pay or conditions following a return to work.