Current Size: 100%
Is it easy winning a personal injury claim?
No. Legal action is expensive, both financially and emotionally:
- For union members, the union bears the full cost of the case.
- Union member or not, you may have to prove every issue in your claim, from the way in which your accident happened to the full effects of your injuries.
- Your past medical and psychiatric history is likely to be picked over and commented on.
- You are likely to need the evidence of experts. In a case of serious injuries these may include engineers, medical experts, occupational therapists, employment consultants and barristers.
- This work has to be financed, and few people could afford to fund it from their own resources.
Note: This content is provided as general background information and should not be taken as legal advice or financial advice for your particular situation. Make sure to get individual advice on your case from your union, a source on our free help page or an independent financial advisor before taking any action.