How do I report an accident?

  • Tell your safety rep, if there is one.
  • Record the incident or details of your illness, in the accident book.
  • Inform your line manager.
  • Visit your GP. Explain how it happened, and what job you do.

More information on your health and safety rights, how to report an accident, or contact an inspector is available on the Health and Safety Executive (HSEwebsite.


Note: This content is provided as general background information and should not be taken as legal advice or financial advice for your particular situation. Make sure to get individual advice on your case from your union, a source on our free help page or an independent financial advisor before taking any action.