What rights do whistleblowers have?

You are protected if, as a 'whistleblower', you made what is called a 'protected disclosure' of health and safety information. You can take your case to an employment tribunal.

The Charity Public Concern at Work runs a helpline for workers who need advice on whistleblowing (tel: 020 7404 6609).

Note: This content is provided as general background information and should not be taken as legal advice or financial advice for your particular situation. Make sure to get individual advice on your case from your union, a source on our free help page or an independent financial advisor before taking any action.