Current Size: 100%
What evidence do I need to support my request for promotion?
Make sure you have lots of examples of why your request deserves serious consideration. Show your manager:
- how you have met and exceeded the targets or objectives in your current job description;
- where you have gone above and beyond the requirements of your role;
- written references (leave them with your boss so you won't slip straight out of his or her mind);
- extra supervisory responsibilities you have taken on (because managing people is often challenging work and that’s why managers get paid more!); and even
- what you think your new role would involve.
Your boss should be left in no doubt that people like you are hard to find and, given half a chance, the competition would snap you up like that.