Is there anyone I can talk to?

If you are a union member and have a problem with your workplace pension, you should approach your union. Many unions employ pensions specialists. You can get contact details for your union from the workSMART Union Finder.

The Money Advice Service offers general information about financial services and products. Phone 0800 138 7777 (English) or 0800 138 0555 (Welsh), Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm (excluding bank holidays) and 9am to 1pm Saturdays. There is more information about other ways to contact them on the Money Advice Service website.

The Pensions Advisory Service (TPAS) is an independent, non-profit organisation that provides information and guidance on the whole spectrum of pensions covering state, company, personal and stakeholder schemes. They can help you if you have a problem, complaint or dispute with your occupational or private pension arrangement. Contact TPAS online or call its national telephone helpline on 0300 123 1047. Calls are charged at local rates.

The government's Pension Wise service is aimed at people aged 50 or over who have a personal or workplace pension and want to make sense of their options. You can phone 0800 138 3944 to book a free appointment. Unfortunately, there are lots of scams that try to take advantage of people and their pension savings so it is important that you only use trustworthy web sites like the ones mentioned above.

Note: This content is provided as general background information and should not be taken as legal advice or financial advice for your particular situation. Make sure to get individual advice on your case from your union, a source on our free help page or an independent financial advisor before taking any action.

What is WorkSmart?

A career coach that works for everyone.


Enjoy bite-sized activities delivered to you every week.

Lightbulb brain

Equip yourself with essential skills to be the best you yet.


Get the guidance you need to stay focused and reach your goals.

Worksmart circle