State Second Pension

Many people will receive an additional pension from the state on top of the basic retirement pension. This is also called the Additional State Pension or S2P (until 2002, it was known as SERPS).

Note: This content is provided as general background information and should not be taken as legal advice or financial advice for your particular situation. Make sure to get individual advice on your case from your union, a source on our free help page or an independent financial advisor before taking any action.