I am employed and self-employed: do I need to pay National Insurance contributions on both my jobs?

If you are both employed and self-employed, you need to pay both Class 1 National Insurance contributions (NICs) on your employed income and Class 2 and 4 NICs on your self-employed income. However, as explained on the GOV.UK website, you may be able to defer some of your payments

Note: This content is provided as general background information and should not be taken as legal advice or financial advice for your particular situation. Make sure to get individual advice on your case from your union, a source on our free help page or an independent financial advisor before taking any action.