How are my tax credits paid?

Payments are made by HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) either weekly or monthly (you can choose which when making your claim). You can have them paid into a bank or building society account, or a Post Office card account. There's more information on how and when tax credits are paid on the GOV.UK website.

Note: This content is provided as general background information and should not be taken as legal advice or financial advice for your particular situation. Make sure to get individual advice on your case from your union, a source on our free help page or an independent financial advisor before taking any action.