I've lost track of a pension I used to pay into. Can anyone help?

The Pension Tracing Service should be able to help if you apply to them. You can contact the service and find a lost pension on the GOV.UK website, where you can also find postal and telephone contact details.

If the Pension Tracing Service hold records of your former employer's scheme, they will provide you with details of where you will be able to obtain information about your benefits.

Note: This content is provided as general background information and should not be taken as legal advice or financial advice for your particular situation. Make sure to get individual advice on your case from your union, a source on our free help page or an independent financial advisor before taking any action.

What is WorkSmart?

A career coach that works for everyone.


Enjoy bite-sized activities delivered to you every week.

Lightbulb brain

Equip yourself with essential skills to be the best you yet.


Get the guidance you need to stay focused and reach your goals.

Worksmart circle