Current Size: 100%
What happens when I have filled the form in?
First the tribunal office checks your Form ET1. It will be rejected if:
- you haven't used Form ET1;
- you haven't paid your tribunal fee or completed the 'help with fees' form correctly;
- you haven't supplied an accurate Acas Early Conciliation Certificate number;
- information is missing – for example your employer's name and address;
- the tribunal has no power to consider it; or
- the claim is in a form that "cannot sensibly be responded to or is otherwise an abuse of process".
You will be given 14 days to ask for the decision to reject your claim to be reconsidered.
Assuming your claim is not rejected, a copy will be sent to your employer who is invited to respond to it using Form ET3 to set out their defence. A copy also goes to Acas.
Bear in mind that the employer sees everything you have written on your form, as does the tribunal judge or panel, so be clear, accurate and polite!