Where can I find out about childcare provision where I live?

You can access the Family Information Service for your area via your local council. They will be able to tell about childcare services available in your area (e.g. childminders, nanny share schemes, nurseries, playgroups, play schemes, etc.). 

You can search via your local authority or you can conduct a search for childcare and family services in your area by entering your postcode into the Childcare Finder tool hosted by the Family and Childcare Trust

Note: This content is provided as general background information and should not be taken as legal advice or financial advice for your particular situation. Make sure to get individual advice on your case from your union, a source on our free help page or an independent financial advisor before taking any action.

What is WorkSmart?

A career coach that works for everyone.


Enjoy bite-sized activities delivered to you every week.

Lightbulb brain

Equip yourself with essential skills to be the best you yet.


Get the guidance you need to stay focused and reach your goals.

Worksmart circle