Current Size: 100%
What are the circumstances under which I can ask for dependants' leave?
- helping a dependant who falls ill, gives birth or is injured or assaulted;
- making arrangements for the care of a dependant who is ill or injured;
- on the death of a dependant;
- where a dependant's normal care arrangements have been suddenly disrupted or terminated; and
- to deal with unexpected incidents concerning an employee's child during school time.
Note: This content is provided as general background information and should not be taken as legal advice or financial advice for your particular situation. Make sure to get individual advice on your case from your union, a source on our free help page or an independent financial advisor before taking any action.